MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: pjirc channel & server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i installed d pjirc plugin...wat shud i enter in d server and channel fields in d admin cp...
read chris's irc post and put up d links he gave...how do i make ones of my own ? related to a topic of my interest? and which all users of d mybb forum i set up, can use to chat...
pls help....
You first have to join a server, and than you have to create your channel. When it's registered, you can put the server- and channelname in there.
you don't need to register a channel in most cases to my understanding...
just find a suitable irc-server (check out serverlists for QuakeNet, Undernet, IRCnet or EFnet. You can surely find one server there that will be suitable for responsetime and allows you to register a channel with them (the registration can happen even using the pjirc-client). Once you find a suitable server, enter the servername in the appropriate place in the AdminCP and choose yourself a good channelname. After that you should be able to get in on the channel with your client. If you wish to register a channel, google on how to use CHANSERV and NICKSERV.

cheers,
Kimmo

If it isn't registered, channels can be taken over.
please tell me how to register
Kimmo Wrote:... If you wish to register a channel, google on how to use CHANSERV and NICKSERV.

tamilparks Wrote:please tell me how to register

1) find an IRC-server
2) register your nick
3) open a chatroom
4) register the chatroom
5) OPTIONAL - set up the room (URL, Welcome Message, auto-op-lists, guard etc etc)

For all of these just google on how to use the CHANSERV and NICKSERV. You will need to use NICKSERV to protect your username and have it listed on the server...once this is done you have to use the CHANSERV to register a room (won't work unless your nick is registered).

You can always get help also on the server itself by going into the 'lobby' (not in your chatroom but the other 'room' where all the system messages are showing) and typing in for example

/msg nickserv help
or maybe even /nickserv help
that should give you help in general...then you can dig in deeper by for example typing in /msg nickserv help register
this should give you the syntax of that command...I think that would go something like /msg nickserv register Nickname Password

Don't quote me on these commands as I am just doing them off the top of my head but I think you get the point....
same really applies to chanserv

Also remember not all servers allow have nickserv or chanserv.....so find one that is running them (I think it usually is shown somewhere in the rules that are first posted when you log in in the irc-server...the long blob of text shown once the connection is made....yes, it's actually good to read it as well...)

cheers,
Kimmo