MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Do this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have a MyBB in the public_html or mysite.com
and blog in mysite.com/blog/

What I want to do is .
When someone visit mysite.com he should be taken to my blog
located at mysite.com/blog/

Please help . Blush
Go to your cPanel of the whole hosting. Under redirects. You can set it there. By default it's mysite.com and you can redirect that mysite.com to mysite.com/blog

Redirects > choose the site you want and it will have another box after /. Type index.php in that box than redirect to the mysite.com/blog

If someone thinks this is wrong , please correct it. I'm learning at the same time teaching at my best.
But my default mybb is at mysite.com .
Then when I put a link on the blog saying Forum and link it to mysite.com
then it will keep on redirecting to the blog site .
What is your question actually ? From what I understand, you're saying your site is mysite.com
and you want that url to redirect/point to mysite.com/blog everytime someone go to mysite.com. Is that the message you wanna say ?
Can you please PM me your msn and i can offer support in a private area where you can give me site url so i can help you with the problem
@PhotonHeliuM :

Your method will always cause this issue, it would be impossible to have a link anywhere to access the MyBB forum in the previous public directory because it will always be redirected to the "blog" directory with the .htaccess directive inserted by the cPanel...

One way to achieve this is to put another index file to do the redirection in the previous public directory, like changing the priority as home.html, home.php, index.html, index.php in the .htaccess file and redirect from the "home" file to the "blog" directory... This way the forum will still be accessible.

It could also be achievable by editing the redirection directive manually in the .htaccess file for the same goal if no file is mentioned in the link...

Wink
Ok here is what I mean .
I have a forum at gamerbb.com
and blog at gamerbb.com/blog
I want it to be such a way that whenever someone goes to gamerbb.com it should be the blog shown and in the blog I'll have a header of forum and when I click that link I should be taken to the forum .
o0ps then I'm wrong sorry.
Make a Splash page and add 2 options
go to blog
or go to forums
then change the index.php file to home.php and then rename the splash page to index.php and its ready