MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Just a query
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a MyBB virgin so please be gentle with me.

I noticed that the users on my forum register with one IP address and then there's another entry "Last known IP address matches:" and I was wondering about the significance of this.
Does it refer to the user being issued a dynamic IP address from his ISP that is different from the one that he registered with?

It may seem a bit of a numpty question but I like to be clear about things when I'm feeling my way around new things.
The Last Known IP basically refers to the last IP address the user logged into their account as.
IPs are not locked to a PC so a user can have many IPs and an IP can have many users. If a user logs in from home he has IP1, if he logs in from work he'll have IP2, if he logs in from the library he'll have IP3.

Hope this answers your question. Wink
(2011-04-02, 10:05 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]IPs are not locked to a PC so a user can have many IPs and an IP can have many users. If a user logs in from home he has IP1, if he logs in from work he'll have IP2, if he logs in from the library he'll have IP3.

Hope this answers your question. Wink

Thanks me hearties (Oh Gawd, they've got me doing it now)Big Grin