MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Phpmyadmin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok, i'm trying to install to my site Toxicgaming, and with my web hosting provider (Yahoo) they offer a mql datebase witch to them is "Phpmyadmin" and i need help setting it up please some one help.
What exactly are you asking? How to install MyBB or how to install phpMyAdmin?
phpMyAdmin isn't your database, its your database management system. There is a very large difference. You can access and control your databases from phpMyAdmin, but you still have to create them.
(2011-04-03, 12:42 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly are you asking? How to install MyBB or how to install phpMyAdmin?

how to install Mybb on phpmyadmin
(2011-04-03, 12:47 AM)One z Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-03, 12:42 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly are you asking? How to install MyBB or how to install phpMyAdmin?

You don't. See my post above. phpMyAdmin is just a management system for MySQL databases.
(2011-04-03, 12:48 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-03, 12:47 AM)One z Wrote: [ -> ]

You don't. See my post above. phpMyAdmin is just a management system for MySQL databases.

well teach me how to created sql datebase in it?
Uh, IIRC you cannot create databases in phpMyAdmin without root access. There should be an option in your control panel for you to do that.
Just as Pyridine says, you can create a database from phpMyadmin, but it's easier to do it from your control panel. You should have something like MySQL wizzard or something like that
Also, we cannot give you details on how to do it on a specific host if we've never used that host. Each host sets their software up slightly different than the next.