MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: header plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Can someone tell me what is the name of those plugins in this screen from the index of our board?
[Image: 24427641.png]

Please give me a link if its possible
I use Board Messages, which you can search for in the Mods area of this forum. I've never tried to set it up with three colors, though.
There was one for MyBB 1.4 with colors that looked almost exactly like the ones here.
There might be a version for 1.6, anyone know?
If you are going to make a News Bar like one at mybb.com community main page, then here is how;
Go to: ACP > Themes > Your Theme > Edit [Options] > global.css > Edit in Advanced Mode > and add the following stylesheet at the bottom;
.latestnewsbar {
	background: #D6ECA6;
	border-top: 2px solid #8DC93E;
	border-bottom: 2px solid #8DC93E;
	text-align: center;
	margin: 10px auto;
	padding: 5px 20px;
	font-weight: bold;
}

Now Go to: ACP > Templates > Your theme's Templates > Header Templates > header > and add the following code where ever you want to show your Latest News Bar;
<div class="latestnewsbar">YOUR_ANNOUNCEMENT_TEXT_GOES_HERE</div>

You may change background color, color, font-weight etc. yourself Wink
but I dont want to do it manually and change header everytime.. I want a plugin that I can Use on ACP for that. Can someone give the name of that plugin?
This is not the actuall plugin you need but have something similar functions, you may edit its background color etc.: http://yaldaram.com/showthread.php?tid=72
(2011-04-03, 09:25 AM)^(-.-)^ Wrote: [ -> ]but I dont want to do it manually and change header everytime.. I want a plugin that I can Use on ACP for that. Can someone give the name of that plugin?

Not every time, just once.
Sorry, I don't remember the name of the plugin I mentioned earlier.

I tried to add in the newsbar the Last thread but didnt work, in my header I added:

<div class="latestnewsbar"><strong>Last thread:</strong> <a href="{$lastpost_link}" title="{$full_lastpost_subject}"><strong>{$lastpost_subject}</strong></a> ({$lastpost_time})</div>

Screen:
[Image: 29792573.png]

As you see nothing shows up.
That's a whole different story. You need a plugin for that.
(2011-04-03, 11:22 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]That's a whole different story. You need a plugin for that.

Because that's what Im talking about. What is the name of that plugin which alow me to put the last thread link on the header like my example?
Pages: 1 2