MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with mails activation on my board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

First of all my server doesn't have a function mai(); . So I tried to user the SMTP server and for that I used alread GMAIL and HOTMAIL.

I puted everything right in the boxes like the SMTP server for gmail which is smtp.gmail.com , the port 587 or 465 and the login and the password also I activated SSL on my mail configuration in my forum via ACP of course.

The problem is, after registering in my forum, there is no link activation coming in all of mails I tried to register.. I search in spams folder, also nothing.

Can someone tell me how can I fix that? because if none of those link activation will not coming to the users mail or whatever everymail I will try to send to them.. it will be an issue.

So I need to use to SMTP and It should work, bo it's not.
Any idea how can I fix that issue?
Have you tried contacting your host?

Also,

function mail();

is a basic function that host must have,ask your host maybe,some guy also had a problem a few days ago,a little tweak with the host and problem was solved.
my host dont have the function mail, another idea?
(2011-04-03, 11:19 AM)^(-.-)^ Wrote: [ -> ]my host dont have the function mail, another idea?
How about you keep the option, to directly activate them after registration? There shouldn't be much spambots,I run a forum with about 4.4K members,not much spam bots,even though no spam plugin is installed. Smile