MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What to choose VBulletin 3.8.7 or Woltlab Burning Board??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey All,

I want to get some extra information and opinions-feedback on choosing what is the best.

Either:

1. Vbulletin the 3.0.0 series, more really the version 3.8.7
or
2. Woltlab Burning Board (full version, paid.)

What is the best forum software of those two? Which one do you recommend the most and why?

Does Woltlab Burning Board have built in features like prefix system, reputation, album, profile styling, money system, etc ....

What are the main difference between both softwares?
Why would you ask that, here at MyBB.com? I think you meant to post this at somewhere like TAZ Wink

Anyway, I'd have to say vBuleltin if they're the only two options. I would certainly say MyBB over either though - why pay when you can get just as good for free?
Hey,

I'm posting this at just webmaster or software boards in general. I want to get the best feedback possible as it is really a heavy choice.

Yes I know mybb is great but I just want to know more info about what is best out of those 2 said in the first post.

Why do you say Vbulletin?
I would say vBulletin because it has a much wider choice of themes and plugins than woltlab. Also, I've never seen a good looking woltlab board. Ever.
Mybb. But out of the 2, vB
Personally I've always liked Burning Board but with the lack of a strong english community never bought it.
Let's see.. a software slowly becoming as outdated than IE6, or one that I have never seen a large board use.. neither. Really though, why would you spend any money on a BBS with free solutions like MyBB around? There's virtually zip for benefits if you're just starting out, maybe down the road you need a bunch of features or whatever, but I honestly think most people are morons for buying a forum software license unless they have a specific need for one [which you don't seem to, as you're asking for a general opinion and not specific features].

If I had to pick I would go with vB3 I guess, never used WBB.
(2011-04-03, 12:59 PM)master412160 Wrote: [ -> ]1. Vbulletin the 3.0.0 series, more really the version 3.8.7
or
2. Woltlab Burning Board (full version, paid.)

Why are they the only options?
Quote:Why are they the only options?

Because I'm trying to focus down the feedback of what is best to those 2 softwares only.

"Not like asking the best forum software to use." That would be a way to general question on what alot of feedback can be replied to but at the end the person who asked might not have the best answer or the easy choice to pick finally the best forum software.

I use Mybb for quit some months now and love it! Its epic! But at our community which is developed we are thinking of moving to an other forum software.

And VB and Woltlab Burning Board present itself.
So why isn't MyBB an option then?
Pages: 1 2