MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: htaccess.txt to .htaccess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to install Google SEO and it requires that I renamed the htaccess.txt to .htaccess.

When I try to rename it, it said the directory already exist. But I didn't even created the file yet.

I need help.
(2011-04-03, 08:41 PM)Akari Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to install Google SEO and it requires that I renamed the htaccess.txt to .htaccess. <-- THIS DOT ?

Make sure you are not adding a dot at the end of .htaccess file. It should be .htaccess and NOT .htaccess. <-- Note this dot)
(2011-04-03, 08:45 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-03, 08:41 PM)Akari Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to install Google SEO and it requires that I renamed the htaccess.txt to .htaccess. <-- THIS DOT ?

Make sure you are not adding a dot at the end of .htaccess file. It should be .htaccess and NOT .htaccess. <-- Note this dot)

Still no success

It has this error message.

FileOp Failure on: /home/luckyboi/public_html/htaccess.txt: Destination already exists
Who is your host?? A simple file rename shouldn't be spouting out an error like this.
w8hosting

I'll contact them to rename the file.
Well, if you haven't solved it, do this:

- Connect with your host (ftp connection)
- While in root directory, open a terminal session
- Type:
ls -a
- Search for that file (htaccess)
- Type:
rm 'file_name'
- Copy the new .htaccess
Rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess (Do not include .txt at end)
Not much of a unix/lunix user, just learning as work more with this forum thing.
But, had problem with .htaccess and ftp upload using binary upload instead of ascii.
Actually, think it worked better when used hosting ftp utility for ascii upload .htacess, instead of local ftp client.
Just a thought.