MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
According to Fedora's forums the only hotkey that works is Touchpad Left + Touchpad Right. It's not a big deal though, like I said I don't use PuTTY anymore.
(2011-04-10, 12:44 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Ctrl+Shift+x/c/v work in all applications except for PuTTY. Sad
(2011-04-10, 12:58 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]That is the weirdest thing i have ever heard. Is there another hotkey in putty's options?
(2011-04-10, 01:11 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]According to Fedora's forums the only hotkey that works is Touchpad Left + Touchpad Right. It's not a big deal though, like I said I don't use PuTTY anymore.

Thats bull***, I'm using the Mandriva RPM for PuTTY 0.60, but I've also downloaded and used the source tarball before too. In both the keys above work correctly. Blame Fedora for screwing their RPM. You should be able to use the Mandriva RPM if you want.
i586
x86_64

Assuming you'd like to try again anyways Wink
Ok, confirmed that pasting into PuTTY with the middle mouse button does work. Pasting out of PuTTY is not possible with my new netbook though because the touchpad buttons are not actual buttons. Sad
OMG! I figured it out on accident. I have to double click to copy and paste out of PuTTY! Regardless it still sucks and I'm sticking with terminal. Big Grin
Right, tried installing arch, and I failed. I tried Fedora XFCE, and it annoyed me - it didn't have a great package database (I couldn't install sun-java's binary file, but that's probably because I'm not great at linux) and I couldn't mount any filesystems. And, although XFCE is fast, it did irritate me. Since Windows has messed up my partitions, I'm going to wipe it and try Kubuntu.
If you use KDE, please, for the love of KDE, use Suse or Mandriva! Kubuntu is a horrid KDE distro, i never get it working right.
(2011-04-10, 06:03 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]If you use KDE, please, for the love of KDE, use Suse or Mandriva! Kubuntu is a horrid KDE distro, i never get it working right.

This. Though Fedora's KDE isn't bad either.
(2011-04-10, 06:06 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-10, 06:03 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]If you use KDE, please, for the love of KDE, use Suse or Mandriva! Kubuntu is a horrid KDE distro, i never get it working right.

I've never played with it, is it worth a VM?
(2011-04-10, 06:09 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]

Not if you're already using Mandriva Wink
(2011-04-10, 06:16 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-10, 06:09 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]

Not if you're already using Mandriva Wink

Actually it looks i'm off linux until the dual GPU issue hits kernals. I've tried all the *buntus and the latest Mandriva release, none support my laptop. So fine.

What's wrong with Kubuntu? I quite like it. I tried Mandriva a few years back and I didn't really like it, I'm not sure anymore why. When I was searching a new distro after Gentoo, I also tried installing Suse but I couldn't get the netinstall to work. They claim to be a beginner's distro but the netinstall requires you to find an FTP repository yourself and most FTP repositories didn't even work for me. Even Gentoo had a tool to find the best mirror site so that was already a big turn off from the start. Kubuntu is really easy to install and maintain.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6