MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users not recieving activation email-Please help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed MyBB 1.6 . My forum address is http://atkchessforum.tk . This is a new installation. But when tried to register for testing purposes I see that I am not getting the activation mail. I registered 3 accounts so far but still not getting the activation mail. I wonder what's the issue. Can somebody please help?
Please try the following mail test script: [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

If this test says it could not send the mail, or it said it sent but you did not receive any email, even in your spam/trash folder, then the issue lies with your host. If you receive the email from this test, we will investigate the issue further.
(2011-04-04, 10:24 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]Please try the following mail test script: [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

If this test says it could not send the mail, or it said it sent but you did not receive any email, even in your spam/trash folder, then the issue lies with your host. If you receive the email from this test, we will investigate the issue further.

I did what you said and result is

"PHP could not send the mail"

I checked out my server and there is a notification which says:

"SMTP / cURL / PHP Sockets are no longer supported on free hosting due to abuse and security reasons, these features are only available on premium hosting. This effects using Google SMTP or any remote SMTP server in your PHP scripts.
We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Is this the problem?
If that is so is there a workaround? Any help will be deeply appreciated
The workaround - pay for hosting.
(2011-04-04, 11:20 AM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]The workaround - pay for hosting.

So there is no other way?

(2011-04-04, 01:27 PM)blogurway Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-04, 11:20 AM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]The workaround - pay for hosting.

So there is no other way?

Find a free host that does allow PHP mail.