MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Password Spoilers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if anyone knows of a plugin (or would cook up a simple one) of a password spoiler.

Something that would allow the user to do [spoiler=password] CONTENT [/spoiler] and before the other users could see the content they would have to enter the password the poster specified.

This would be great for certain games on my forums.

I currently found - http://forum.mybbz.net/showthread.php?tid=245

Which is exactly what I want, but cannot get it working / don't want to have HTML active on my pages.

THanks a bunch.
You can't. Not without deep changes to the code and a complex plugin. Execution is not as simple as the theory.

And I'll be honest with you. It's a fairly dumb idea.

Your concept:
1. OP creates thread with password content requesting PMs for members to gain the password.
2. Members go back to thread and enter PW to gain access.

Easier concept:
1. OP creates thread with requests for PMs to gain content.
2. Members send PM.
3. OP replies.

Well the idea was more it could be part of a big roleplay game. Where the other users can work out clues to the password from various other posts to get the next bit of information. Its just supposed to be for fun.

However if its too complex no worries, but does anyone know why the link i posted doesnt work? When I put in the mycode on the admin panel the preview box it gives me works perfectly, but when used on the actual forums the spoiler appears but it will never prompt for a password (or do anything) when clicked.

Thanks for all the help.