MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Photoshop Bliss IV Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all.

So if you haven't heard I'm starting work on Photoshop Bliss IV. I'm proposing a few questions for the community here to get a general vibe on what people think. Here they are, please answer with your honest opinion:

Should IV be mainly Dark or Light?

Should jQuery be included?

Should there be a free "lite" version?

Would you be willing to pay $20 AUD for the finished product + full support and setup (if needed)?

I was thinking Blue and Grey for the main colour scheme, what are your thoughts on that?

Should I offer a LIGHT and DARK version? (NOTE: It would cost full price for both individually, or 50% off one of them if you buy them in a pack.

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Here's the tracker page: http://www.photoshopbliss.com
(2011-04-05, 09:26 AM)trilobyte- Wrote: [ -> ]Should I offer a LIGHT and DARK version? (NOTE: It would cost full price for both individually, or 50% off one of them if you buy them in a pack.

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Here's the tracker page: http://www.photoshopbliss.com

I've never been a fan of selling a theme with one light and one dark. The problem you will have is that someone is just going to buy the dark and light and when they want to change they'll just go to a site running the other color downaload the images and then if they need to change some of the image names and now they have both.

It's always been for me if you offer both colors in one pack put a decent price on it a little higher then a normal theme but just low enough to suit the demographic of the MyBB userbase.

It will take some time to sort out your pricing to maximise your returns on this so I suggest taking notes on how many people bought the theme over 3 months, how many where directed from other sites and what the most popular sites were and what countries did your users pay from.

(2011-04-05, 09:26 AM)trilobyte- Wrote: [ -> ]Should jQuery be included?

Would you be willing to pay $20 AUD for the finished product + full support and setup (if needed)?

I was thinking Blue and Grey for the main colour scheme, what are your thoughts on that?

A: In my opinion Jquery should be used it's getting faster all the time and if you use it right can really improve the overall experience for your users.

A: In my opinion it's always better to offer free optional upgrades for people who purchase rather then give free stuff away to just anyone.

A: This is not a question people can answer without a product preview and feature list I'm afriad.

A: If you can get some colour pallets to look at the choice of blue/grey it will be a bit more helpful. Make sure to avoid using the red and green colors as around 8% of men and women have some form of color blindness.
Thank you very much for all of the amazing feedback. I'm taking it all in and will be updating this thread with some ideas I have.
Should jQuery be included? HELL YES! lol

I can't wait to see this version mate Smile Good luck with it! You're obviously going large with the domain and everything.
(2011-04-05, 03:05 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Should jQuery be included? HELL YES! lol

I can't wait to see this version mate Smile Good luck with it! You're obviously going large with the domain and everything.

I can garuantee it's going to be a ripper! Smile And yep, I'm playing to go large with it for sure. Smile
jQuery is good but unless you're going to take full advantage of it you should keep Prototype.

Good luck, sounds very promissing. Toungue
Thanks for the feedback, Faviouz! Smile
Should IV be mainly Dark or Light?
How about developing both versions and allowing the user to purchase the version he might need?
Should jQuery be included?
YES!
Its your choice to make. It might hurt the sales of the premium product though :/
I am sorry but 20$ seems bit out of my budget for me max amount $15.

Blue and grey seems to be a good match. But I like the overall theme of photoshop bliss 2 as well.
Should I offer a LIGHT and DARK version?
I answered this above. Smile

I have a huge suggestion for you. If you can try to implement allowing the user to change the background of the forum. To get a better idea please take a look at this IPB skin. http://www.skinbox.net/skins/ipb-3-1-x-s.../source/38
Btw is there a chance for letting me beta test it?
I'd say $20 is a little too much. Even if it's a high-quality theme, that's gonna be a little over most budget's. In the end it's a compromise between profit and popularity, plus remember if you price it cheaper you might end up selling more copies (and therefore earning more $$$).
(2011-04-05, 06:48 PM)amon91 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd say $20 is a little too much. Even if it's a high-quality theme, that's gonna be a little over most budget's. In the end it's a compromise between profit and popularity, plus remember if you price it cheaper you might end up selling more copies (and therefore earning more $$$).

Whilst this might be true at the moment the more premium themes people sell at a low price thinking that they're not going to sell well will infact lower the value that you can sell premium themes.

Remeber any item that sells in considerable quanity at a low price is going to have to lower it's price time and time again just to keep a steady profit which hurts businesses and developers.

By setting a higher then usual price and offering coupons or special offers to certain communities you're not only keeping a steady price that developers can sell their theme for. You're also attracting the customer who buys products whilst on a special deal and we can all admit we've been tempted by the 50% off sale even if the product is less then desirable.

Sorry if I'm rattling on, this is a subject I'm very keen on.
Pages: 1 2