MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Having problem with validation to Yahoo mail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just realise that each validation mail send to yahoo mail cannot be pass out. It keep return back to me with Mail Delivery Error ro something like that.

Pls someone how to rectify and solved this problem

Thank in advance
Yahoo doesn't like mails from mybb forums. The only workaround I found was to add yahoo.* to the banned email adresses. Sad
Yeah,some mail clients avoid these thing and some consider it as a spam,to make sure a user doesn't use Yahoo,just do what the above user said,or;

Make a template edit just above registration field by having an error class saying some message like,please don't use Yahoo,we have problems with the verification mails being sent to yahoo,you can use the below code to display error like message.

<div class="error">Please don't use Yahoo,we have problems with the verification mails being sent to yahoo,you can use the below code to display error like message.</div>
Thanks guys for the tips... currently Im go with linguist advice. But stil in the same time trying to get a workaround for this... Still hoping that I can have a user to use any email they want thought

Look at the error message returned from Yahoo for more info on why the mail was rejected. It usually gives you pointers on what you can do for your mail to not be rejected as spam. Usually if you're trying to send from a server that has a dynamic ip, or an ip that is blacklisted or without domainkeys it will be rejected.

Throwing out a blanket statement like Yahoo doesn't like MyBB forums mail is just not true. I have not had a problem with emails to yahoo either here or my mybb forums
(2011-04-06, 12:28 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]...Throwing out a blanket statement like Yahoo doesn't like MyBB forums mail is just not true. I have not had a problem with emails to yahoo either here or my mybb forums

Correct.
zonIRC, a previous user of your IP might have been blacklisted by Yahoo.

Thanks guys perhaps it is because my server problem.

However all the Mail delivery error return something like this:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

<email>@yahoo.com
retry time not reached for any host after a long failure period

So not quite sure y it is.

Cheers
By error message I meant the error that yahoo returns when your server tries to connect to it, MyBB does not log these as these are logged in the server's mail program logs. You can check them if you have that level of access. Otherwise you can ask your host to check the logs for you.

Here are descriptions of the errors and codes that yahoo returns.
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/po...er/errors/

(2011-04-07, 12:10 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]By error message I meant the error that yahoo returns when your server tries to connect to it, MyBB does not log these as these are logged in the server's mail program logs. You can check them if you have that level of access. Otherwise you can ask your host to check the logs for you.

Here are descriptions of the errors and codes that yahoo returns.
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/po...er/errors/

thanks - G33K - for the link and tips. Your explaination have help me to understand more about the problem. Currently, Im talkin into my host support dept to rectify the problem

Cheers again and thank you