MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The "Too Many Connections" Error.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2011-04-05, 01:20 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]You may use gzip compression enabled if you want to do as your host said.

gzip compression wouldn't help on this as this only helps bandwidth and not the amount of connections.

(2011-04-05, 01:16 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Just got a response from the host "Ask MyBB for support on how to optimize SQL"

They will always try to put it in the software's shoes. 25 connections is way too low. Okay, if your site gets a few hits per hour that setting is okay but for running a forum you need a better hoster.
(2011-04-05, 01:48 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ][quote='crazy4cs' pid='668586' dateline='1302009607']
You may use gzip compression enabled if you want to do as your host said.

gzip compression wouldn't help on this as this only helps bandwidth and not the amount of connections.

(2011-04-05, 01:16 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Just got a response from the host "Ask MyBB for support on how to optimize SQL"
yeah but it would help sometimes,not in this terms,but getting saved from BW issues,well 25 are less,thats why I don't prefer hostgator.

www.dreamhost.com is very professional and way good.

Gzip compresses pages to save bandwidth, it has nothing to do whatsoever with too many connections to MySQL.
HostGator is only good for the smallest of small forums. You need to get a new host or you'll see this error more and more as your forum gets busier.
(2011-04-05, 02:06 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]Gzip compresses pages to save bandwidth, it has nothing to do whatsoever with too many connections to MySQL.
This is what I thought. Never had bandwidth problems so didn't look into gzip compression.

(2011-04-05, 02:37 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]HostGator is only good for the smallest of small forums. You need to get a new host or you'll see this error more and more as your forum gets busier.

Yeah I know I didn't know the max limit was 25 when buying it. We're hopefully going to move to a VPS soon. I've come up with a couple of options. Expected more from Hostgator seeing as they have like 5k servers. I was warned how terrible they were though after buying it. Meh.

Pages: 1 2