MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide the members in the online list from guests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who can i do that? Also Forum Stats.

Thanks in Advance.
Do you want to completely disable online list from guests or hide certain users from the list ?
I too would like to know how to hide the member's list, essentially make it private so it does not show to anyone except registered members.
You can hide Who's Online from guests using the user group permissions.

ACP >> Users & Groups >> Groups >> Guests >> Miscellaneous >> Can view who's online?
(2011-04-05, 06:54 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]You can hide Who's Online from guests using the user group permissions.

ACP >> Users & Groups >> Groups >> Guests >> Miscellaneous >> Can view who's online?

He is asking to hide users in the who's online bit.

It requires a plugin or editing ./inc/functions_online.php file.
No it doesn't, it just needs the guest permissions modified so they can't see Who's Online.
(2011-04-05, 07:08 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]No it doesn't, it just needs the guest permissions modified so they can't see Who's Online.

Please read the title again: "Hide the members in the online list from guests". He said he want to hide members in the online list. Which definitely require a core edit.
Following what AJS said works without needing to install unnecessary plugins or modify any files.
Undecided Hiding users in online list && Hiding from guests are too different things :s
Hiding who's online list == hiding the users in them. I'm not derailing this thread any further, continue us via some other means.
Pages: 1 2