MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database table creation problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I am testing a number of forums preparatory to replacing a broken Windows one! I am currently testing on my local WAMP server so cannot give a URL.
I have extracted the relevant files to a new forum directory, gone to the Install folder and followed the steps through to Database configuration. There I find that none of the Table encoding options are an exact match for mine (although my list is enormous!) The nearest match I have is UTF-8 unicode in BB versus utf8_unicode_ci in MySQL. This may or may not relate to the error when clicking Next where the Table Creation gives me:-
"MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci' at line 9
Query:
CREATE TABLE mybb_adminlog ( uid int unsigned NOT NULL default '0', ipaddress varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', dateline bigint(30) NOT NULL default '0', module varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', action varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', data text NOT NULL, KEY module (module, action) ) TYPE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;"

Obviously this is falling over at almost the first hurdle!

I am running MySQL 5.0.7-dev - 091210 - $Revision: 304625 $ and using PHP 5.3.5

I hope this is sufficient information for someone to be able to tell me what the problem is - and better still .... how to get round it!

many thanks
Chris
Are you sure you're using MySQL 5.0?? WAMP comes with 5.5 by default now, and MyBB isn't MySQL 5.5 compatible yet. There's a patch here: http://dev.mybb.com/projects/mybb/reposi...sions/5299