MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What would be better for SEO?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Install a portal plugin for my MyBB install and post threads in a forum board titled "Blog" and have very little or nothing else on the portal other than the feed to the "Blog" forum board.

2. Install a copy of WordPress and blog from there.

Which would be better SEO wise?
WordPress because your other point involves duplicate content. If you can fix the duplicate content issue, then go for the portal instead because it looks more integrated with your site.
(2011-04-06, 01:19 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]WordPress because your other point involves duplicate content. If you can fix the duplicate content issue, then go for the portal instead because it looks more integrated with your site.

What's the duplicate content?

And yeah, I'd love to use WordPress like MyBB does but I don't think I could customize the theme well enough to match my forum.
(2011-04-06, 08:59 PM)Insidious Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-06, 01:19 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]WordPress because your other point involves duplicate content. If you can fix the duplicate content issue, then go for the portal instead because it looks more integrated with your site.

What's the duplicate content?

And yeah, I'd love to use WordPress like MyBB does but I don't think I could customize the theme well enough to match my forum.

If you do a lot of searching you can find one that fits Toungue

Or... you could hire some one to customize it. But wordpress works much better as a portal especially once you get WordBB set up, if you want it...
Well google would see the information on the portal AND the thread Smile
Of those 2 options I'd go with #2. This is only if you plan to regularly blog. If it's like once a month blogging then why even bother with a blog front end.
(2011-04-06, 10:49 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Of those 2 options I'd go with #2. This is only if you plan to regularly blog. If it's like once a month blogging then why even bother with a blog front end.

I'll be blogging almost every day, so like you said, I should probably just go with WordPress. Though, as I mentioned before, I don't feel confident enough in my web development skills that I could customize the theme of my WordPress install well enough to match my forum.

And to whoever mentioned hiring someone... I would, the only issue is money obviously and right now I just have enough to pay for my VPS this month. Perhaps I'll do some searching and might find someone to do it for free, or dirt cheap. That or I'll just take the time to do it myself... Considering I have a lot of free time on my hands.

Thanks for the advice guys, it looks like I'll be using WordPress.