MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide Subforums on index.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
G'Day!

How can I hide subforums of a specific forum on the Index-page? Not for all, just for one. Also not for a specific group, for all. And it shall not disappear when I am inside that parent-forum, it shall be there like threads.

The Reason is: I have a Forum for Tutorials. In there are Subforums redirecting to Pages where the Tutorials are written down.
If I am on the Board-Index I see the redirecting Subforums listed under the Tutorial-Forum. If I have 10+ Tutorials in there my whole Board-Index will be Full with it. (Because I have the Subforums shown as a vertical list, not in one line.). What I want now is that the subforums are not shown on the Board-Index but when I (or anybody else) visit the Tutorial-Forum.

I thought there was a setting for that but I could not find it. There seems to be no plugin, either and if I search the Forum I get lots of stuff about hiding MyBB-Code from guests.
Admin CP > Configuration > Forum Home Options > Subforums to show on Index listing set to 0
that hides ALL Subforums. But I want only to hide subforums of ONE forum.
Then that would require a plugin.
You don't maybe want to write one for that? Big Grin
You, Sir, obviously rock. Big Grin

Will try it when I am back up again. thanks. Wink

Edit:
At least I would - but my paypal-account is empty. Sad
(2011-04-06, 12:34 AM)Niemand Wrote: [ -> ]G'Day!

How can I hide subforums of a specific forum on the Index-page? Not for all, just for one...

I'm a strong supporter of paid plugins. In this case you also have a free option.
This will do exactly want you want:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-91286-p...#pid668059

I also support the Idea of supporting Devs/Designers if they do a great job. But since there are people in this world that are hardly able to come through (let it be because they had a not-so-good life or because they are students or whatever) i don't like the idea to get forced to pay. And no, I am not one of that guys that want a free plugin... a free tutorial would be enough. I can do some things on my own, I don't need to get everything stuffed in my a...youknowwhatimean. Wink

thank you for your help seeker, I will try that.

EDIT: I tried it, it's a nice plugin indeed... but still not exactly what I need. Big Grin
With it I can hide forums from index and forumdisplay-pages. But I only want to hide it in index. If the user views the parent-forum, the hidden Forum should be shown. Like a thread. I would use the ThreadLink or Threadredirect-plugin but both dont work.