MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Timezone problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is an error or just a simple bug. On my board, when I try to select my current timezone, GMT +2 the time in the right side is showing an 1 hour delay.

So, selecting GMT +2 (5:30), on my board it's showing the correct time, which is 6:30 .

This is also applied in ACP and UCP. Day Light Savings Time is also active from the start.

Anything I should know to correct this? Basically, the TZ settings are correct, only the time is displaying off and confusing us.

Regards.
If you're sure it's set correctly and it's still wrong then the server clock is probably wrong, you'll need to contact your host to fix that.
I check the server clock and this is on the Timezone from my country. I have full access to this server. Any other ideas?
Usercp>Edit Options> Timezone>

select DO NOT USE DST CORRECTIONS,click update.
(2011-04-06, 03:46 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Usercp>Edit Options> Timezone>

select DO NOT USE DST CORRECTIONS,click update.

Maybe I didn't made myself clear. Selecting the correct TZ, that I know that should be correct, the time displayed on my board when creating a post or replying is displayed correctly.

For example, in my country GMT +2 is the correct TZ, however, the time showed in the bracket (UCP or ACP) when selecting the timezone, is off by one hour, but the time displayed on my board is correct.

This is what is confusing the members of my board.

Regards
I guess I had such issue once,I didn't focused on that,but I found it to be solved when I moved to new hosts,maybe there are some loopholes,I would try to look on it deeply.

edit: Can you try and see checking off/selecting no:

Day Light Savings Time to NO?
(2011-04-06, 05:14 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I had such issue once,I didn't focused on that,but I found it to be solved when I moved to new hosts,maybe there are some loopholes,I would try to look on it deeply.

edit: Can you try and see checking off/selecting no:

Day Light Savings Time to NO?
Yes I tried this and waited for the results. But again, there isn't any issue on the forum where there are posts and reply, only the UCP and ACP settings are off by one hour. This is only confusing us. Should I make a print to see exactly what I mean ? I think I did explain this as much as I could.

regards.

This can be a little confusing at first but I'll try and explain it as best as I can.

What you are seeing in the drop box is the actual representation of the time difference between yourself and GMT.

For example in your case, GMT+2, the time you see there should correspond to http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/gmt-plus-2/

If that time is an hour off from what your time actually is then that means that daylight saving is in effect in which case you should have either Automatic DST or Enable DST, which you probably have seeing as your times in the posts are right.

You have to realize that there are 2 parts to the timezone, the GMT part which is universal and will not change regardless of DST, and then the DST part which skews the time an hour depending on DST.

If we change the drop down text to show the actual time taking in to account DST then it would not be accurate to say its GMT+2
Thank you, now I understand, however it's confusing Smile. Anyway, I'l leave it like it is.

Regards