MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2 year ban?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What's the point of banning some one for two years? Don't you think that after 1 week they'd say forget this and just never come back to the site again? And if they did something bad enough that you had to ban them for two years why would you want them back?

And what difference does it make? The world is going to end next year so why not just a "End of the world ban" if you survive the end of the world you can come back.
We banned someone here for a year once and they came back occasionally afterwards. Dunno about 2 years though.
(2011-04-06, 08:12 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]We banned someone here for a year once and they came back occasionally afterwards. Dunno about 2 years though.

XD Lolz how do you decide on a one year ban? Because I usually just ban for 3 days and if they come back and keep making trouble they get a permaban.
It would give them time to grow up :p
(2011-04-06, 09:40 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]It would give them time to grow up :p

Yep hopefully one year is enough for a dumbass to mature :]
Maybe if they are 11 and need to be 13 to participate in forums :p
I think banning people for over a month is pointless, you might as well just ban them "indefinitely". If you hate someone enough to want them away for one month (or honestly, two years), they likely shouldn't be on the forums anyway.

(2011-04-06, 09:45 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe if they are 11 and need to be 13 to participate in forums :p
Or that. Toungue
The best thing to do is banning someone for 1 day, then the next day right after it expires, ban the user for another day, and do this for one week. Then at the end of that week, ban him for a week and then do this until you reach one month, then just ban the user permanently.

You'll have fun!
(2011-04-07, 10:32 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]The best thing to do is banning someone for 1 day, then the next day right after it expires, ban the user for another day, and do this for one week. Then at the end of that week, ban him for a week and then do this until you reach one month, then just ban the user permanently.

You'll have fun!

That could be an interesting plugin Toungue.
(2011-04-07, 10:32 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]The best thing to do is banning someone for 1 day, then the next day right after it expires, ban the user for another day, and do this for one week. Then at the end of that week, ban him for a week and then do this until you reach one month, then just ban the user permanently.

You'll have fun!

hahaha

generally if i feel like banning someone for more than a week, i probably don't want them coming back at all.
Pages: 1 2