MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Open Source Support/Ticketing Scripts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,
What would you recommend as the best open source support ticket script that is feature-rich? I know there is a plugin for MyBB that offers this, but I am looking for a standalone script. I have found a few solutions like osTicket, but it looks like development is at a stand still.

What have you used in the past with success?
I used OS ticket for a while and it was reasonable, it might have got even better by now Smile
I've used ETicket for quite some time, it has a great base and i've had literally no issues since i use it. Its a dead project but man, its well made.
Thanks for both of your replies!

(2011-04-07, 09:18 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]I used OS ticket for a while and it was reasonable, it might have got even better by now Smile
I have used that in the past, and the project seemed quite dead. It looks like in recent months the forums have picked by up again so I might have to give them a try.

(2011-04-07, 02:52 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]I've used ETicket for quite some time, it has a great base and i've had literally no issues since i use it. Its a dead project but man, its well made.
My only concern with using such a dead project is:
1) The forum is plagued by spam and doesn't provide much support
2) It may be open to exploits and bug fixes are slow or non-existant
Cerberus is a good one if you only have 3 people.

OTRS looks nice and the dev team is active.

osTicket is decent but hasn't been updated in over a year.

eTicket is dead.

I will try to find the help desk software I used in the past.
I once tried OTRS an it took me forever to install Toungue I was (and still am Toungue) a Linux noob though Big Grin

I can't remember what it was like though. I think it messed up something else on my VPS, so I had to get a separate one.
(2011-04-10, 08:20 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]FOUND IT! http://www.accord5.com/trellis
I remember using that a LONG time ago, it looks fantastic! Thanks!
I have to write this down so I don't forget it... this is like the 5th time I've forgotten the name of the software and spent a good 20 minutes looking for it. Sad
Wow trellis looks cool Smile I wish I had a need for a help desk solution Big Grin
Pages: 1 2