MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [BUG] Edited by ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It isn't a real bug, but more misplaced code IMHO.
The problem on our forum: we disabled the setting to show edited by users, only the edited by staffmembers our shown. But we also have the QuickEdit plugin installed. Now if our users edit their posts in the normal way, it doesn't show up. But if they edit their posts via QuickEdit, the editedby does show.

I think this is because the settings are being checked when the post gets edited and not when displaying it. And the QuickEdit uses it's own query to update the post. I think it's more logical to check the settings again before displaying the editedby bit. Don't you think?

Not only for the QuickEdit plugin (I know you can't support all the thirdparty plugins), but also because the posts that are edited while the setting was off, will not display the editedby when you enable the setting again.
So is this a problem with MyBB or the QuickEdit plugin?
DennisTT Wrote:So is this a problem with MyBB or the QuickEdit plugin?
Actually both.
The QuickEdit plugin doesn't check the editedby-settings when it submits the post edit and myBB only checks the settings when a post gets edited but not when the editedby-bit would be displayed, where I think it would be more logical.