MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Removing moderators
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, so whenever I click delete next to a moderator in any forum I get the error message: Please select a valid moderator to delete.
And then he doesn't get removed.

They are in the moderator group, are on forum Staff too.
You would see that error if the delete link does not have the correct fid in it or the forum of that fid does not exist. The only way that would change is if theres a plugin thats changing it or the code is changed.

The link should look something like this:
admin/index.php?module=forum-management&action=deletemod&id=ID&isgroup=0&fid=FID&my_post_key=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx where ID would be the mod's id, and FID the fid of the forum where they're the mod.

First, can you check that all your files are intact? Admincp >> Tolls & Maintenance >> File Verification

Next are you running any plugins that might interfere with this?
(2011-04-08, 08:14 AM)Barathrum Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, so whenever I click delete next to a moderator in any forum I get the error message: Please select a valid moderator to delete.

To solve this bug temporarily,you can also goto USERS tab and change his usergroup from moderator to whatever group you wanna move.It would also remove him as a moderator on the selected forums.

(2011-04-08, 08:54 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]You would see that error if the delete link does not have the correct fid in it or the forum of that fid does not exist. The only way that would change is if theres a plugin thats changing it or the code is changed.

The link should look something like this:
admin/index.php?module=forum-management&action=deletemod&id=ID&isgroup=0&fid=FID&my_post_key=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx where ID would be the mod's id, and FID the fid of the forum where they're the mod.

First, can you check that all your files are intact? Admincp >> Tolls & Maintenance >> File Verification

Next are you running any plugins that might interfere with this?

I can't use the File verification as I use few modified files (none of them should do anything with the moderators), same for plugins.

The link for one of the moderators is:

http://www.computing-tech.com/root/index.php?module=forum-management&action=deletemod&id=196&isgroup=0&fid=13&my_post_key=e568c02497f5bb928606adab876599e2
I'm not aware of any bug regarding this so its definitely something else thats interfering here.

Try a Recount/Rebuild and also clear/Rebuild cache
I tried that many times, it didn't work.

Currently the only way for me to remove them is going into phpMyAdmin Sad
(2011-04-08, 09:40 AM)Barathrum Wrote: [ -> ]I tried that many times, it didn't work.

Currently the only way for me to remove them is going into phpMyAdmin Sad

(2011-04-08, 09:00 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-08, 08:14 AM)Barathrum Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, so whenever I click delete next to a moderator in any forum I get the error message: Please select a valid moderator to delete.

To solve this bug temporarily,you can also goto USERS tab and change his usergroup from moderator to whatever group you wanna move.It would also remove him as a moderator on the selected forums.

Actually no, it doesn't.

I tried that and he was still a moderator.
Could you pm me admincp details so I could take a look.