MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Not getting thread notifications
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2011-04-11, 10:13 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]If its working erratically then you need to get in touch with your host and ask them to check why this is happening. If it was a problem with the script, you would simply not get any emails but here you are getting some emails, some users are getting emails while others are not, you are getting emails from cp while another admin is not, the script does not discriminate who to send emails and who not to.
Check with your host.

Thanks very much. I certainly appreciate all your help!

(2011-04-11, 10:13 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]I missed this part of your post earlier. If you post a consecutive reply in the thread within the specified time, your reply is just added to your last reply. This is to avoid users bumping thier threads

Thanks very much. That was really confusing me.

Hi, just to follow up: now emails sent from the control panel are being delivered, but the system mail log reports errors, saying they couldn't be delivered. And now no thread notifications at all. I know it's probably my host's fault, but just wanted to post a follow-up.
Another update: I have installed 2 other forums on our host server (smf and phpBB), and thread notifications on both work with no issue, so I do not think the issue is with our host.

Darn. I like MyBB so much better than any other forum software I have tried, but thread notifications are an absolute must, so I guess I have to give up now and go with second or third best.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Would you please help me to solve this problem. I have the same problem.
"MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mail() function."

The test from http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Help:Mail works fine but no emails can be sent from forum (Notification, Password reset, ...).
I have updated to 1.6.4 but there is no difference.

I have installed my forum on a subdomain on my site. for example forum.domain.com. Can I send email with the name for ex [email protected] instead of [email protected]?

SMTP doesn't work either.

My forum is located on IX Webhosting servers.
Pages: 1 2