MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anyone interested in MyBB Multiforums Mod for MyBB 1.6?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hello All,

I've been thinking about creating a new version of the MyBB Multiforums Mod for MyBB 1.6, which would allow anyone to start a MyBB forum hosting service to host free MyBB forums.

I was wondering if anyone here in the community would be interested in such a modification for MyBB? I would release the code for free and then charge a monthly fee for support of the plugin, so it would be a free product essentially.

I've been working on it a little and so far I have support for MyBB 1.6 (sort of), multiple databases, custom domain names and more.

If there is interest in this project I'll continue to develop it further into a stable release and distribute it for free. Smile
Wow, its a while since ive seen/heard from you Brandon Smile Welcome back Big Grin. I bet there would be a few Smile
Custom domain names as in our own domain?
(2011-04-08, 08:17 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Custom domain names as in our own domain?

Yeah, so each forum could have its own domain name for it, instead of just the free subdomain the forum host chooses to give. So, you could let hosted forums use free (or sell, even) custom domains they own.
Now that's pretty amazing.

I say yes, release it!
It sounds pretty damn epic to me.
I say sell it. It will get extremely annoying when every 12 year old with a shared server starts a host.
(2011-04-08, 09:36 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]I say sell it. It will get extremely annoying when every 12 year old with a shared server starts a host.

Agreed. As if TheHostingTool isn't doing enough damage.
+1 on the selling it idea.
+? on what's wrong with THT? Sad
Idiots trying to run webhosts I'd assume.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5