MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Never Logging Off.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It never Auto Logs you out.

It seems that if you don't press the Log Out Button, it never logs you off, meaning that you stay on the "Who's Online" List, and it count's the time is the Total time you have been on the forum.

Is there any way to fix this? I would like it to show only user's that have been active in the last Five Minutes (Which is it set that way), and count the actual time they were online.
It'll only do this for 15 minutes by default, it won't count your online time forever.
When you login do you have "Remeber me" checked?

Do you leave the Who's online list page open? That page refreshes every minute by default so if you leave that page open it will keep refreshing and you will stay active on the forum.

Lastly, what browser is this on? I've had problems in the past with chrome where despite everything it still doesn't log me out unless I specifically click logout.
Try to use Firefox.
It's not me, It's another user. It says he has been online Since like 6:30 AM PST, which I know for a fact he hasn't been on.

But it is possible he left the tab open, I will have to ask him when he gets back on, though I wouldn't think he would leave it on the Who's Online Page.

I guess it isn't a Major Problem, though it is quite annoying to have his Name on the Who's Online list all day.

Is it possible to Force someone to log off after a certain amount of time not posting?
(04-08-2011, 09:32 PM)MadDogTen Wrote: [ -> ]It's not me, It's another user. It says he has been online Since like 6:30 AM PST, which I know for a fact he hasn't been on.

But it is possible he left the tab open, I will have to ask him when he gets back on, though I wouldn't think he would leave it on the Who's Online Page.

On the who's online list page, what location does it say he's on? If it says viewing who's online then you know thats what it is Wink
If he's showing as online all day, either he's on the Who's Online page, or he's got a script or browser extension to reload the page. By default it won't show you as online all day if a tab is just left open.
(04-08-2011, 09:34 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2011, 09:32 PM)MadDogTen Wrote: [ -> ]It's not me, It's another user. It says he has been online Since like 6:30 AM PST, which I know for a fact he hasn't been on.

On the who's online list page, what location does it say he's on? If it says viewing who's online then you know thats what it is Wink
Stupid Me. I'm to tired to relize the obvious, Lol.

It says he is on the Main Index.