MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to undo "force theme" on all users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I accidentally clicked force theme on all users.
I was wondering how I could undo that so that the forum could be viewed however the user likes it.
I don't think it would be possible to revert back.
That would only be possible if you have a backup of all the users' preferences and insert that old data into your db. Anyhow, users can still change the themes themselves, if the themes are available to them.
They'll still be able to change it, but it doesn't store what theme they were on before so you can undo a force...
sorry this isnt an answer but what do you mean by force theme
In the section of the ACP where you view a list of all the theme you have installed, there's an option to force that theme on everybody, i.e. set everybody to use it.
awesome, thank you everyone Smile
one last question... if users can still change after i force theme,
what is the difference between "set default theme" and "force theme on all users?"
Setting it as the default theme won't change user's settings, so if they're using something other than the default they'll continue to use whatever they've chosen. Forcing on all users does just that, no matter what theme they're using their settings will be changed.
Ah i see!
thanks AJS!
If you set it as the default, that affects only those users who have selected "default theme" as their theme, all users who have selected a different/specific theme will not be affected. If you force a tgheme, *all* users will be using it, regardless of their previous choice.
----
sorry, i was too slow typing Wink

@ mods: you can delete this post