MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

How do i added more than one TLD to my forum? I currently have a .com domain. My original sub domain is still there but i cannot login from that domain. I can however login in my .com domain. I know that i have to change the board URL to the one i want in the settings area of the admin ACP. If i buy another domain, lets say a .info domain, how do i add it to the forum? I already have a .com. What do i do in the setting area of the admin ACP?
You can only use one URL, just redirect the new one to the .com
From what I understood you could only use one domain? If that's the case you'd have to redirect users.

EDIT: Argh AJS got there first... Sad
Is there not a mod or anything that does the job? So if i buy a .info domain, i will have to redirect it to the .com? Thats not good.
I think you can redirect users from one URL to another using htaccess edit.
Technically it's possible, but using two different domains for one site is going to have a detrimental effect on SEO as well as being pointless and impractical. The best option is to just redirect to the main domain.
Alright. It should be fine anyway. One TLD would be fine.