MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: All posts from Usergroup must be manually approved
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can't find a group setting for this, can anyone help me out? Want to make it so that all new members need their first post manually approved.
Unfortunately, there is no group setting, however you may use ACP > Forums and Posts > Select Forum > Edit > and tick;
Yes, moderate new posts
Yes, moderate new threads

But it will effect all usergroups.

For specific usergroup, you would need a plugin.
... wow.

That's pretty shocking, actually. Sad I wanted to set so first posts must be approved and then once one is approved they're promoted to a free-posting usergroup.
Use the group promotions feature. Create a new usergroup that has all the same settings as the Registered users group, then edit the registered group so that posts are on moderation. Then make a promotion occur after X posts to the free posting group.

In your case, this could work, as after a post is approved, they would be promoted to a free posting usergroup.
That's the problem though. There's no way to set a group as needing to have all their posts approved.
OMG, you are right, I am such an idiot XD
This doesn't allow you to set it by group but it will most likely do what you want.

http://mods.mybb.com/view/required-approvals
I will use Jammer's, thanks to both of you!
That ought to be a feature in MyBB
Pages: 1 2