MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My forum has exhausted me!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi!
My forum has exhausted me because it have many problems (do not show pm notice,show ban warning for all users in some themes and others)

My forum is on /forum but I have other forum on /it
can i connect old database to new forum (with change config.php) without any problems and keep my old forum?
You can edit the wrong things without Restoring the database.

However if you want to Restore anyway then: http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Database_Restore
I ask>> can I use my database for new forum?
i other words can i use a database for 2 forums?
Yeah but they'll just show the exact same thing... if the PM notice isn't showing, either it's been turned off in a user's settings, or some code is missing from a templates, there's not much else it can be...
Quote:Yeah but they'll just show the exact same thing...

yes, I want to start a new forum with same threads, members and other.

Quote:if the PM notice isn't showing, either it's been turned off in a user's settings, or some code is missing from a templates, there's not much else it can be...

i checked templates and settings,
{pm_notice} 
is available and it is active in UserCP but do not show it again
It's meant to be {$pm_notice}, not {pm_notice}... and if you keep the same database then it's going to be exactly the same as it is now, that's not going to fix anything.
Quote:It's meant to be {$pm_notice}, not {pm_notice}...
Yes, I did copy from other theme but I wrote wrong here Blush
PM me ACP login details and I'll have a look at it; there's really not much that can stop this message showing.
edited
It's because of the javascript PM alert plugin you've installed, it changes the default notice to only show if javascript is disabled. If you want the default notification back, remove this plugin.
Pages: 1 2