MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hidden forum question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a question about setting which usergroups can view certain forums. I have a forum that is Admin accessible only, so other users can't see or post or do anything with it. Posts in the Admin forum don't count towards post count, but when a regular member is logged in, they can look to the "Our members have made a total of 4 posts in 2 threads" line and then see that only one thread is accessible to them. Then they could potentially think "hey, there must be some hidden forum." So basically I don't want that line to inidicate the posts and threads in my hidden forum. Is there a way I can do that?

Thanks for the help!
Well when you set the permission not to see from the forum managent. You need to go to Admin CP > Templates > Modify / Delete > expand >Forum Home Options >Hide Private Forums?

set it to yes.

regards
If you want to truly hide any hint of a private forum,you would have to remove many more statistics (stats.php, the user post count, portal stats).

As for your original inquiry, you may remove that in the settings:
Admin CP --> Settings --> Forum Home Options --> Show Small Stats Section
okay, I don't want the stats.php to show up anymore, what is the next step?
Delete the file, and remove the link from the index template.
yeah figured this out. I just wish that there was a control panel option to just block out the file from the system. It would have been easier. But this method works as well. Thanks for the help.
In a forum where I moderate, we also have a moderator / admin only board. We decided to be open about its existence to create less controversy. Our FAQ simply says there is a hidden board where mods and admin get together to discuss forum business. I think you will find that most members are quite comfortable with that.
All my members know about my "Admin & Mod Section", and they are fine with it.