MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Live update.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I'm looking for a plugin or else I might consider making it.
The idea of this plugin is that you won't reload the page to see if there is a new post posted. Like you are looking at one topic like this and it will check every 10 seconds if there is a new post. If there is will it slide in below the last post.

One example where you got this feature is at Twitter, it will say directly when there is a new tweet. But then you need to click to see it which I don't want.

The perfect example where it is exactly as I want it is on the Dutch forum Fok.nl. It will show automaticly new posts if there is one in 10 seconds.
My While you were typing plugin does something like that. It shows a notice when there are new replies to a thread which you are currently viewing (or posting a new message in, as originally intended). The user has the option to load those replies on the fly if they want.
(2011-04-09, 05:54 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]My While you were typing plugin does something like that. It shows a notice when there are new replies to a thread which you are currently viewing (or posting a new message in, as originally intended). The user has the option to load those replies on the fly if they want.

Did saw it yes and noted it down since it does partly of the whole idea.
The same ideo of that plugin do I want to work for viewing topics too and not while typing. And I got a feeling it doesn't exist yet what I mean. Toungue
(2011-04-10, 12:23 PM)NiekEss Wrote: [ -> ]Did saw it yes and noted it down since it does partly of the whole idea.
The same ideo of that plugin do I want to work for viewing topics too and not while typing. And I got a feeling it doesn't exist yet what I mean. Toungue

Maybe I'll add the option to automatically update the topic in a next release of the plugin.