MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Who's Online
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hope i am asking for help in the right section.

I have a few questions.
I have looked in the acp under the groups setting and tried turning off the "View Who's Online"
That is not what i want because it stops the group from seeing Who's Online [index].
What i need to do is block a group from viewing the "Who's Online [Complete List]. But let them see who's online on the index.
I just don't want them to be able to see what other members are doing in the "Who's Online [Complete List]"
Also, i would like to turn off the profile "Status: Online (this also shows what a member is doing)

So in a nutshell,
I don't want members to be able to see what other members are doing and where they are.

They can only view the who's online list [index].

How can i do this?
(2011-04-09, 07:34 PM)littleg Wrote: [ -> ]I hope i am asking for help in the right section.

I have a few questions.
I have looked in the acp under the groups setting and tried turning off the "View Who's Online"
That is not what i want because it stops the group from seeing Who's Online [index].
What i need to do is block a group from viewing the "Who's Online [Complete List]. But let them see who's online on the index.
I just don't want them to be able to see what other members are doing in the "Who's Online [Complete List]"
Also, i would like to turn off the profile "Status: Online (this also shows what a member is doing)

So in a nutshell,
I don't want members to be able to see what other members are doing and where they are.

How can i do this?

acp--users and groups--groups-find the group and click options-edit group-- Miscellaneous--disable see whos online
You would probably need a plugin to block complete online.php page from selective users.
(2011-04-09, 07:37 PM)sohrabian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-09, 07:34 PM)littleg Wrote: [ -> ]I hope i am asking for help in the right section.

I have a few questions.

So in a nutshell,

How can i do this?

acp--users and groups--groups-find the group and click options-edit group-- Miscellaneous--disable see whos online

Thanks sohrabian,
As i said i can not do that because it also blocks them from seeing who's online on the index page.
It's just the "who's online list" and profile online status i want to block because thats the only places where is shows what members are doing.

(2011-04-09, 07:38 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]You would probably need a plugin to block complete online.php page from selective users.

Thanks Yaldaram,
I was afraid it might need a plugin. I hope not. Is there just a simple template edit i can do?
Like removing the "Status: Online info from all members profiles and the link on the index page to view the "Who's Online [Complete List]" ?

Members can still view the online.php as you said, even if i remove the link. Maybe a plugin is needed as you said.

Can you help me?
Alright, I'll try to code as soon as possible. Wink
Ahhh, thank you very much Yaldaram Smile
I will be sure to keep checking back in this thread for an update with the plugin.

REP+
Here is: http://yaldaram.com/showthread.php?tid=526

Allows you hide online.php page from selective groups. You can also hide status of those hidden users in their Profile. You have also an option to remove [Complete List] link from who's online bit area.
Awesome, signed up and subscribed... now waiting Smile

Thanks again bro.
(2011-04-10, 12:39 PM)littleg Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome, signed up and subscribed... now waiting Smile

Thanks again bro.

Your account upgraded =) Thanks for subscription Allan.