MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forums won't mark as read
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
XMLHTTP requests are enabled.

The problem is you're getting a javascript error.

Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'dispatchEvent'

It's because you've added jQuery:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.5.min.js"></script>

That's why the javascript is broken anyway. As for the Mark All Forums Read link not working when logged in, we'll need a test account to be able to test that.
I added the jQuery library because I was trying to run a code that would add a little text to one part of the member registration. Guess I need to figure out how to do it in regular Javascript. xD
But I removed both the jQuery library and the code I made, and still no result. The only other thing I've edited in the Templates is the favicon.

I'll create a test account. Should I PM you the details, Matt?
PM away Smile
Alright then, PM sent. Smile
Can you go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > File Verification > run this and see if it says anything is changed??
Yes, it says index.php was changed. I did a quick glance at index.php to see what I might have changed, and as far as I know, the only thing I changed was to make it so bots weren't showing up in the online list (I commented out two lines of PHP).

Every other file is missing (they're all from the /install directory, which I deleted because the install was successful, and it said I could do that).

EDIT: I just confirmed that another member is also experiencing the same issue. We're both using Google Chrome, if that helps.

EDIT 2: I reverted that change, and checked the File Verification tool again. index.php was now not on the list, but the forums still do not mark as read. So that has nothing to do with it.
Bump...
Bump again.
Triple bump. >_>
Why is it that everyone else gets support but me...
Pages: 1 2 3