MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Go to first new post in thread?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

In SMF and other forums I have on my other sites, when you click on a thread you have previously read that has several new posts. It jumps you to the latest new post within the thread, this isn't happening in Mybb and am wondering if there is an option for this.

i.e If you are in post a and there are 2 pages of posts and you go away for a day or two, come back and there are 4 pages now. Instead of taking you to the last or first page it takes you to page 2 and the first of the posts that was made whilst you were absent?

Cheers
Dan
Just click the green arrow on the left next to the subject.

If you want to make it as the default you can make a template change.

In 'forumdisplay_thread':

Replace the following:
{$thread['threadlink']}
with
{$thread['newpostlink']}
Looks like what I am after. Will go with the template change first.

Cheers guys
Hmm whilst the theme change works, it causes a problem whereby if you have already read the post, it circles you back to the forum thread list instead of showing you the post.

Is there another switch I can use?
The green arrow takes you to the first unread post anyway.

The change above shouldn't send you back to the threadlist, can you post your edited template?
It works if there are new posts if there aren't you get redirected to the threadlist.

Ill post the edited template tomorrow as I am on my phone now. But all I did was make the exact change above
Ah, okay, that makes sense. What's wrong with just using the green arrow?
(2011-04-10, 12:53 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, okay, that makes sense. What's wrong with just using the green arrow?

Nothing from me, but you know what users can be like Smile

My site is for sports fans http://forums.silvertails.net

It means they aren't all computer Savvy and hence not liking change. Had a few grumbles about it. Even though you can't use PHP in templates is there a way to use conditional statements?

If so I can try to workaround it
I might have to use that. I will look at what overheads it adds though