MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: hide ip from super moderators
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I decided to take some new guys in my team as super moderators to grow up my online community. I didnt had any moderators before and i was decided to make this first step. I modified also the moderators permissions but they still can see each members ip via moderator CP and i would like to cancel this option if it possible. The reason im looking for this option is quit simple : at the begining of my board i created lots of fake users, lots of discussion between them, i paid people to write articles and i published them myself via these fake users and i don`t want the moderators to see these shits. What solution do i have please?
Thank you.

It's a user group right:

ACP -> Manage Usergroups -> Miscellaneous -> Can view IPs
If the SuperMods have the default ID: your ACP URL/index.php?module=user-groups&action=edit&gid=3#tab_misc
(2011-04-10, 01:37 PM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]It's a user group right:

ACP -> Manage Usergroups -> Miscellaneous -> Can view IPs
If the SuperMods have the default ID: your ACP URL/index.php?module=user-groups&action=edit&gid=3#tab_misc

Hi and thanks for reply. I checked now to ACP-> usergroups-> Miscellaneous and the option Can view IP addresses on who's online? is set up to NO. And also in Moderation/Administration Options -> Yes, users of this group can access the admin CP is set up as NO so the moderatos don`t have permission to access ACP at all.
Even so , the moderators have the ability to see the latest moderator actions including the IP Addresses including the IP Search function , all of them via moderator control panel Sad

If you want to hide IP from Supermoderators/Moderators but can allow Admins to have access to it, you would need to have a plugin.
(2011-04-10, 02:53 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to hide IP from Supermoderators/Moderators but can allow Admins to have access to it, you would need to have a plugin.

Hey, this is exactly what i need. However i have in mind another solution , more simple for me, being a non-programmer: i thought to delete from modcp.php the Latest Moderator Actions table, including Moderator Logs and IP Search buttones from the left side of mod CP. Do you think it will be a good solution or should i simple find a programmer to help me out with this plugin?
I'll not recommend to remove those codes/links. They are usefull for Admins anyway. So a Plugin would be a good idea.
Don't know if this will work, but you can try changing the compatibility line in this:

http://mods.mybb.com/view/moderator-permissions
(2011-04-10, 06:40 PM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know if this will work, but you can try changing the compatibility line in this:

http://mods.mybb.com/view/moderator-permissions

I know. It works like a charm in mine (1.6.2).
P.S.: I had this plugin installed when I upgraded to 1.6 (and forgot to disable plugins before doing so), so the permissions "survived" in the relevant peoples' settings and seem to work for the one super mod I currently have.

After your message I went to checking how to change these settings, and, alas, they are gone for my supermod and only apear for the users whose *primary* user group is forum moderators (gid 6); my one moderator who has gid6 as a secondary doesn't show the options, neither do other self-made moderator groups.

I believe the problem is that it's tied to the primary usergroup.
Ah. found it. Lines 95 and 136 (or so)
find
	if($args['title'] == "{$lang->other_options}" && ($usergroup['canmodcp'] == 1 && !$usergroup['cancp'] && !$usergroup['issupermod']))

And replace it by
	if($args['title'] == "{$lang->other_options}" && ($usergroup['canmodcp'] == 1)) 

Then you can edit the settings for *all* users who have access to the modcp.

There ought to be a way to set these rights for groups instead of single users. Anyone knows the trick?