MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I need help making a forum.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been trying to make a forum but cannot figure out how to. downloaded winzip and flashfxp too. I just cannot get it. Please help me.Undecided
I do not know how to change the script and do that stuff, or put it on the MySQL thing.
(2011-04-10, 09:34 PM)NASA10001 Wrote: [ -> ]I do not know how to change the script and do that stuff, or put it on the MySQL thing.

Then you really should learn, read some tuts, or not make a forum. It only gets harder.
You aren't gonna get anywhere if you can't even "put it on the MySQL thing". I think you should read up on basic hosting principles with a WordPress blog before getting into forums.
It's not hard when you work out what's going.

You will need a MySQL Database, your web server provider should provide one, unless your using something like freewebs, they don't allow PHP Support. Check out free-webhosts.com.

If you have something like cPanel just create a MySQL Database (look in the cPanel page). Make a database, then a user, assign the user to the database - I know this is probably hard to understand, bare with me.

If you really need help, you can add me on AIM or MSN if you wish. PM me and i'll help you!
Tip: If you don't have $5-$10 to buy a domain, you shouldn't be running a website at all. And yes, your other thread was unapproved.
You could always use a service that manages the back end for you, much like Wordpress.com or Blogspot. It won't make your site look that professional but it might be a good way to get started.
I will install your forum for you for $5, paid via paypal.
(2011-04-14, 08:17 PM)Darth Stabro Wrote: [ -> ]I will install your forum for you for $5, paid via paypal.

Overpriced for clicking a few buttons.
Pages: 1 2