MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Group Permissions for Guest Posting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am testing mybb 1.62 (pro at Vbulletin but new to mybb)

On my test board I set up a forum with Forum permissions to allow guest posting. I then changed the group "Guest" permissions to disallow them to post. However I am still able to post as a guest.

Why wouldn't disabling Guest permissions to post under the "users and groups" disable guest posting? Do I have to do something else to disable guest posting system wide? (without resorting to changing each individual Forum permissions)

Yes, I made sure I logged out, cleared cookies, even tried different browsers where I had never been logged in and guest could still post even though it was disabled in the "user group" section.
Yes always overrides No in the MyBB Permissions system.
So if I change the "forum" permissions to "no" for guests to post and change the Group permissions for the Guest group to "yes" for posting they should be allowed to post?

Just the above and it didn't work. Guests still did not have permission to post even though Group permissions was set to "yes" for posting.

I am just looking for a "one click" solution to turn guest posting on and off without resorting to editing the permissions of every single forum.
I believe this only covers forum permissions, but a Support Team Member will have to confirm.