MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to disable avatars?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I turn avatars off in 1.62? I don't want to use them at all but I couldn't find the setting to turn them off.

Thanks.
Go to: ACP > Users and Groups > groups > Edit > Under Users and Permissions tab Untick Can upload avatars? option.

You'll need to do the same for all Usergroups.
Okay that will keep them from uploading one but how do I keep them from using one of the built in avatars? Just delete them all?

I was thinking there would be a universal setting to either use avatars or don't use them.
(2011-04-11, 06:44 PM)tr549 Wrote: [ -> ]how do I keep them from using one of the built in avatars? Just delete them all?

I was thinking there would be a universal setting to either use avatars or don't use them.

Unfortunately there's no Universal setting for Disabling avatars. I'm creating a plugin which will selective usergroups to upload avatars and disabled avatar functionality to all other usergroups.
Okay, thank you, I guess I will wait for your plug in to come out. Meanwhile I will just delete all the images from the avatar directory so they can't be used and disable uploading.

Since this is one of the basic options in Vbulletin I thought it would be here also.

Not complaining, mind you, because is free software!

I have used Vbulletin for 10 years for my other forum and am trying to learn MyBB to use for a new forum.
If you don't want to use avatars at all you don't need a plugin, you can just remove the option from the User CP navigation.

ACP >> Templates & Style >> Templates >> yourtheme >> User Control Panel Templates >> usercp_nav_profile

Find and remove:
		<div><a href="usercp.php?action=avatar" class="usercp_nav_item usercp_nav_avatar">{$lang->ucp_nav_change_avatar}</a></div>

That won't stop them accessing the page if they know the URL though, so you can also replace the usercp_avatar template with something like this:
<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} - {$lang->change_avatar}</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
<table width="100%" border="0" align="center">
<tr>
{$usercpnav}
<td valign="top">
Sorry, avatars are disabled on this board.
</td>
</tr>
</table>
{$footer}
</body>
</html>
Thank you very much! That does it!