MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum rules during registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there anyway i can like make, when the guests press the register button, this page shows up with the forum rules (my own rules) and there is a timer to make sure they read them? Like if they press register, the foruim rules show up, and they have to wait xx seconds until they can go on...
I've added this something similar to my site: http://yaldaram.com/member.php?action=register
Where you must check the Checkbox in order to proceed to the registrations... Do you meant like this ?
You can easily add a javascript to disable the agree button until the timer counts down to 0, then enable it. You could google for such a jscript as I'm sure there are plenty and just add it to that page.
you can modified easily from template your active template - Member Templates -member_register_agreement
with basic html knowledge.
To make sure your visitor read the agreement, use unique design for the rules.
You may use image, or any cool idea...

try this
don't worry does not need register. Just to see how the idea works (in local language)
After filling the birthdate, you will see simple idea. My visitor like it... Wink