MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I make a custom profile field optional during registration?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently, the only option is to make it required, but it's not supposed to be required - you can enter your PSN ID, Steam name, or Gamertag and it will show up in your postbit. How do I make the field there, but you don't have to fill it out?
I've been down this path- it's not currently possible. You either have to make it mandatory, or it's hidden from registration.
There's no way? D:
Not without a plugin. Only fields that are set as required are shown on the registration page.
Gah, that sucks. There's no plugins?
if you wanted to change the registration where would you go to do it?
(2011-04-27, 10:49 PM)Students Corner Wrote: [ -> ]if you wanted to change the registration where would you go to do it?

Do mean to hide the Custom field while registering ?

ACP > Configurations > Custom Profile Field > Select the Custom field you would like to hide while registration > and set Required? to "No".
Oh no!!! It's too bad! Which plugin can fix this problem?! Optional fields should be visible during registration.
Stop bumping old threads. If you've any questions, open your own threads.
But it was my problem too and I thought it's better to have all unsolved questions about a topic in one thread. Today I found a way to solve that and it may help others who read this topic later.
I used xthread with "Additional Settings For Custom Profile Fields" plugin which did exactly what I wanted.

Here:
mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/archive/index.php/thread-1271.html