MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a mybb forum with 1.4.8. I want to upgrade it to 1.6.2.

After I login admin page, I disabled all the plugins, and uploaded all 1.6.2 files to the server. After I open www.mysite.com/install/upgrade.php , it asks me Please Login. I put user name and password, but it keeps coming back to the same page to ask me Please login. If I put a wrong user name and password , it shows

Error
The username you have entered appears to be invalid.

But everytime when I put correct ones, it keeps coming back to the same page to ask me to login.

Can anybody help me with this issue?

Actually I have about 20 mybb sites. I upgraded them from 1.4.9 or 1.4.8 to 1.6.2. Only 2 sites got this error. One is 1.4.8, another one is 1.4.9 . All others are successed.
Are you sure the password is correct?

You could try resetting the password and using the new password.

Also, do you have any cookie path set? Try setting the path to / so that it covers all sub-folders.
Yes, the password is correct. When we put wrong password, it will show your password is incorrect. If we put wrong user name, it will show you put wrong user name. Only put correct user name and password, it just go back to the same page.

The cookie path set to / already.
URL?
What is your current cookie settings??
(2011-04-13, 05:31 AM)kisspub Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, the password is correct. When we put wrong password, it will show your password is incorrect. If we put wrong user name, it will show you put wrong user name. Only put correct user name and password, it just go back to the same page.

The cookie path set to / already.

When I load up the site I see the cookie path set as /forum/
Thanks. I have found the problem. The cookie domain setting should be bigbrotherafrica6.com. Before it was set to bigbrotherafrica.com. I have corrected it. Now it is working.

Thanks.

Now I have a new question.

This site has two forums, both with mybb 1.6.2.

www.bigbrotherafrica6.com/forums , it has 27,576 Posts and 7,539 Registered Users .
www.bigbrotherafrica6.com/forum , it has 242,455 Posts and 48,112 Registered Users

And 7,539 users in www.bigbrotherafrica6.com/forums already exist in www.bigbrotherafrica6.com/forum with same user name and password. That means for two forums, there are total 48,112 Registered Users.

I want to merge them to one forum. Which software can I use to merge them?

Thank you.

While I am pretty sure you could use the current merge system to merge the 2 forums while only selecting to run the posts/threads/polls modules, I would still recommend you post your question in the merge system forum to make sure you can do that.