MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Notification of replies to a thread reply
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm working on a closed community where interactions are a major component of the project. What I'm wondering is, is it possible to receive email notifications only when a reply to your thread reply is posted?

I know that everyone could post their own thread, which would then allow them to subscribe to just their thread, but our reasoning for having everyone post replies to the same thread is we want them to be able to see what other people are saying and interact with them. At the same time, however, we would also like to be able to ask them probing questions if necessary and we'd like them to be able to see that we asked a question (but not necessarily have them subscribed to the entire thread since we don't want or need them to get the 30-40 email notifications of other replies each week).

On another, related note, is it possible to view threads in "threaded" mode and still see the full list of comments, so a reply to a comment is indented and then the reply to that comment would be indented a bit more, etc.?
I'm currently working on a plugin that adds more notifications to MyBB (including replies on own threads) and the user will be able to select which type of notification (none, instant or email) he wants to receive.