MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do i add custom tabs on index page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello and i am wondering how do i add custom tags on my index page, i wish to add my own "tabs" where it says Search, Member List ,Calendar,Help i am using TheCure theme can anyone please help me with this on where i need to edit and add code so i have custom "tags"
Go to AdminCP -> Templates and Styles -> Templates -> *expand template set* -> Header Templates

If you are adding a link that will appear to guests, go to the template header_welcomeblock_guest

Find this code:
<ul id="nav">
				<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}">Home</a></li>
				<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/memberlist.php">{$lang->toplinks_memberlist}</a></li>
				<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/calendar.php">{$lang->toplinks_calendar}</a></li>
				<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=help">{$lang->toplinks_help}</a></li>
			</ul>
Underneath the last item, add the following:
<li><a href="URL TO WHERE YOU WANT TO GO TO HERE">DISPLAYING TEXT</a></li>

Save the template.

If you are adding a link that appears only to members, edit header_welcomeblock_member and perform the same edit as above.
Thank you so much
you can do a lot with the templates
Yea, but there is also a few plugins for it but if your looking to do it the most clean way use shuraka's method.