MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Check the MySQL availability before the installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'v spent some time with looking for a installation bug - immediatelly after entering database host, name, user, password and clicking the Next button, blank page appears.

As I know now, my php-mysql package was broken, it was installed but misconfigured. After reinstalling php4-mysql package, everything went ok.

My suggestion: check whether php-mysql is working in the Requirements check page.

thanks
Yes at least in Version 1.2, you will only be displayed the database types that your server supports.
DennisTT Wrote:Yes at least in Version 1.2, you will only be displayed the database types that your server supports.

I'v seen MySQL in the available databases list. I'v filled in host, username, password, prefix and press Next. Blank page appears. I have been tracking this douwn and the problem was in the call of @mysql_connect in the db_mysql.php. PHP stops processing on thsi line (echo before this line was displayed, but echo immediatelly after this line not).

naro
You wouldn't have seen a compatibility list of sorts within MyBB. What you would have seen were a list of database engines MyBB supports regardless of if your server supports them.

MyBB 1.2 checks to see that MySQL is correctly loaded and working before displaying it.

The blank page that you received means that MySQL isn't loaded correctly.

Please upload a phpinfo.php file such as the following:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

And link us to it.

Regards,
Chris
Chris Boulton Wrote:Please upload a phpinfo.php file such as the following:
And link us to it.

I agree my apache/php/mysql installation was broken. It does not make sense to upload phpinfo() now, because everything works as expected. By starting this thread I'v tried to prevent this in the future, but 1.2 should solve it.

Thank you for your replies.