MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [New Site]Students Corner- Your Student Help Site [NEW SITE]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello MyBB community members Smile

I have created this site called Students Corner and its really new.

What is Students Corner?

Students corner is a Student help site to help people with school work, who are getting bullied, and who are Gay, Bi, Lesbian and trans gender. We also teach lessons for a variety of subjects in school.

Students will also get there own email address when we have reach 100 members.

Join today and learn new things Smile

Site Link: http://studentscorner.ca

If you have any questions about my site please reply to this thread or sent me a Pm.

Hi my name is Mark, I'm from Audentio. I see you enjoy Damion's theme "Ultimate Green", i'm glad. But could you please add the follow code to your footer to respect Damion's copyright?

Theme by Damion of <a href="http://www.Audentio.com/" title="Audentio" alt="MyBB Themes">Audentio</a>. 

Thank you.
(2011-04-14, 02:12 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Hi my name is Mark, I'm from Audentio. I see you enjoy Damion's theme "Ultimate Green", i'm glad. But could you please add the follow code to your footer to respect Damion's copyright?

Theme by Damion of <a href="http://www.Audentio.com/" title="Audentio" alt="MyBB Themes">Audentio</a>. 

Thank you.

Yes Sir Smile i will do that tomorrow.
(2011-04-14, 02:16 AM)Internal Graphics Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-14, 02:12 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Hi my name is Mark, I'm from Audentio. I see you enjoy Damion's theme "Ultimate Green", i'm glad. But could you please add the follow code to your footer to respect Damion's copyright?

Thank you.

Yes Sir Smile i will do that tomorrow.

Thank you for your cooperation.
What do you think of the site?
I actually love this idea. Sadly I can't contribute to it right now, but I think this can help a lot of people.
Seems good. Nice idea and will be good if its executed sincerely (i hope you will).

Good luck.
(2011-04-14, 12:22 PM)amon91 Wrote: [ -> ]I actually love this idea. Sadly I can't contribute to it right now, but I think this can help a lot of people.
Thats ok amon. Everyone is busy at this time

(2011-04-14, 04:45 PM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]Seems good. Nice idea and will be good if its executed sincerely (i hope you will).

Good luck.

Thanks Kavin Smile
Really like the idea.

I work for a fairly large Education Software company that shall not be named and love the innovations around education and eLearning.

Whilst building it, it may be worth looking at getting promotion with some of those companies

Blackboard
Angel
Sakai
Desire2Learn
Moodle (open source)

They are all elearning companies, though I think Blackboard and Angel merged late last year. but that would be a good place to look for promotion of your site
Oh also from working in the industry, I can tell you privacy and security are the biggest concerns for educators when it comes to software adoption.

Asian markets love mobile technologies whilst NA are slower to adopt them.

But with Privacy and security being a big concern I would get a professional and legal privacy statement made to help out and look also for a route for people to contact for advice privately. I would certainly protect myself by having a statement that advice given is advice only and non-binding and that you are not responsible for actions taken due to advice provided through the site. (That statement won't protect you which is why you need a lawyer to draw one up)

But anyway that is one area to consider because litigation can easily follow these days
(2011-04-21, 07:25 AM)Dannymh Wrote: [ -> ]Really like the idea.

I work for a fairly large Education Software company that shall not be named and love the innovations around education and eLearning.

Whilst building it, it may be worth looking at getting promotion with some of those companies

Blackboard
Angel
Sakai
Desire2Learn
Moodle (open source)

They are all elearning companies, though I think Blackboard and Angel merged late last year. but that would be a good place to look for promotion of your site
Oh also from working in the industry, I can tell you privacy and security are the biggest concerns for educators when it comes to software adoption.

Asian markets love mobile technologies whilst NA are slower to adopt them.

But with Privacy and security being a big concern I would get a professional and legal privacy statement made to help out and look also for a route for people to contact for advice privately. I would certainly protect myself by having a statement that advice given is advice only and non-binding and that you are not responsible for actions taken due to advice provided through the site. (That statement won't protect you which is why you need a lawyer to draw one up)

But anyway that is one area to consider because litigation can easily follow these days

Thank you for your comment. I will be look at those websites and I've added some security to my site. I'm currently working on adding my privacy policy to my community

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Pages: 1 2