MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Buying Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am ready to purchase myBB Script modified to suit me
Requirement :
Multi FOrum Enabled
Copy Right to ForuMZClub
Super admin access to me
Auto-Update or possible could be easily updated
subdomain/short Url to each client(if its short url then at sign up the the board name should get converted to small letters like if ABC is entered it should become abc)
Instant Sign up
Ad-removal System @ paypal .Could be modified on Yearly , month Basis.
Delete Forum Feature to Super admin
Add/remove admin feature .
Ristrict Forum Name Option.

Ready to pay 35-50 $ depending on script .plus a small sum per year.

Pls contact : [email protected]

The Thing is that i want to allow free MyBB forum Hosting Service..
If Admin reads this then i ask him to grant me this service/license.

Developer could also apply for 5% Loyalty for all the money i make.

Things i forgot to add
Ability to add/remove ads

Many of the ideas are similar to AMFR For phpBB
Hmm.. I'm the owner of CreateMyBB.com, which was recently DDOS attacked.. and we are currently in the process of getting it back up. I don't really want to sell my script, or my site.. but if the price is right, I just might.

I'm asking $2500 for CreateMyBB.com (.net, .org, .biz, .info), and you will take over our 3-month paid for dedicated server. I've spent over $168 in advertising on Google Adwords.

If you are only interested in the script, I'm asking $300. I've invested over $200 creating it, and put many, many hours into it. It has all of those features, even automatic ad removal via PayPal, with a 30, 60, 90, etc. day subscription. You will also receive any upgrades I make.

Add me to MSN at [email protected], and we can talk. I do not use that email for personal mail, if you need to email me, please send it to [email protected].
The licence says redistribution of the MyBB package is not allowed. I think you must talk to Chris Boulton first.

Moving this to Code Modifications forum.
How much Do you want for the script
Also Tell about its features..

I am also looking for partners ,
Could you specify how does the script functions or its features ?

Thanks

A multi Forum Script for IPB costs 50$ , and it is much more in demand.
So i think the price was right....
I am not doing redistribution of MyBB
I am trying to provide Free Forum Hosting.

Anywayz I have still PMed to Chris for this
By paying someone to modify MyBB you are breaking the licence rules. You can get someone to do it for free though.
Adam, I think you should read DennisTT's post here. You can't sell any MyBB scripts without breaking the licence.
The license doesn't even allow people to do it for free if they redistributes the source code.
Could someone create the script without charging for the script?

I think that is Acceptable to the license ,
But who would do this?
Hi

Im pretty sure they can charge for mybb mofifications as long as they charge for man hours... Same as you can not sell the linux core, but you can charge for support or if you need to visit a client who use a free software and charge for travel and man hour.... Free software you cant charge for, but the work you can and the trip you can etc etc..
forumz Wrote:Could someone create the script without charging for the script?

I think that is Acceptable to the license ,
But who would do this?
Then I gotta ask you, why would you charge for an script that is for an free forum soft? That they have coded a lot more hours in than you probably ever will in your script.
Ok Chris said that it's ok as long there is no "mass redistribution" of the MyBB code, and the link with the modified MyBB system is not posted here. So I think we can drop the discussion about the license from this thread, and if you have any other concerns about the license that do not relate to this forum system, you can open a new thread about it Smile
Pages: 1 2