MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make it premium but provide more features...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i was comparing mybb to vbulletin 4...
vb 4 is gone so far from mybb.. but anyway, i like mybb.

i am ready to pay some cash on buying mybb, and i guess a lot more will be too, but you people make it better thing.. better than vb.

you should concentrate on the Adsense Revenue Sharing plugin..
this may contain these features:

1. Which user-group can use Adsense Revenue Sharing...
2. The ad slot should be automatically put below the first post (if someone wanna change, he/she can)

and other changes too..
look, i am ready to pay for premium license (if you are making it professional and better than vb or = vb)

I am planning to start a world wide forum (like digitalpoint) and i am very confused that which one can i use? vb or mybb?

vb has professional features and mybb has simple and awesome interface..
please upgrade your features and do everything officially, and take some $$ like vb team...

i hope you people look forward to this issue...
MyBB is free and always will be. There won't be a 'premium' version.

The Adsense Revenue Sharing plugin was created by Asad_Niazi, the mybb team don't maintain plugins, the authors do. If you have suggestions for that plugin, post in that thread.

MyBB is ran by a team of volunteers, who have real world jobs. They use the free time that they have to support MyBB, so a paid version would require alot more of the developers time.
but we are ready to pay you for your spent time..
and asad niazi is offline from a lot of time..
can't you people just edit his plugin and add some more features...
Check the license allows it. What Malcolm said sums up your post.
(2011-04-14, 04:19 PM)Thruster Wrote: [ -> ]but we are ready to pay you for your spent time..

You're welcome to pay a plugin developer to create and maintain exactly what you need.
(2011-04-14, 04:39 PM)Kodaks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-14, 04:19 PM)Thruster Wrote: [ -> ]but we are ready to pay you for your spent time..

You're welcome to pay a plugin developer to create and maintain exactly what you need.

Exactly what i wished to say. MyBB had reached such a place because all of its features are so neatly arranged, and they can be used easily even by newbies.
When i first made a decision of which software to go with, i chose MyBB over others because i find it simple to learn. At the same time it has all features necessary for a general forum to work perfectly.

As Kodaks said, its better to pay for someone to develop a custom plugin to suit your needs, than wishing for a free forum software to go paid. After all there must be someone like MyBB to create forum software to people who can't afford $$$.
(2011-04-14, 04:54 PM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]As Kodaks said, its better to pay for someone to develop a custom plugin to suit your needs, than wishing for a free forum software to go paid. After all there must be someone like MyBB to create forum software to people who can't afford $$$.

Not only that, but the benefit of commissioning the plugin is exclusiveness.

Just imagine, if you're creating a unique site or forum, you can have something created that no other place has. That makes YOU unique, and draw in more users.

As opposed to the plugin being available to ALL MyBB "Customers" allowing anyone to obtain it easily.
And who is the "we" in that sentence? Just because a few people want the software to go paid, doesn't mean that the rest of the community agrees.

But we don't have the time.

If you want the plugin to have more features, learn PHP or pay a developer to.

Would rather have a free base and pay for plugins. Of course, some people complain even about that. IMO the devs are busy enough already; plugin devs fill this niche well.
Pages: 1 2 3