MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adsense placement help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How to place ads between two categories.i have already add adsense to sidebar..what are the template sets to edit??

[Image: adsense_187078_forum_homepage_EN.jpg]
Holy crap.
That's going to look super annoying.
Usually one or ads are bad enough lol
I think you're over doing it.
this is the google adsense team's recommendation for forums..look at the image link....
please help me to place ad between forum categories....how to do it??
Well it's no surprise they want you to annoy your users, in fact you can even use intrusive ads, the ones that redirect users OUT of your forums and to the Ad Pages.

Those generate the most money.

But fact is, users will get super annoyed.

If you're just putting them in-between the categories & not on the left side like that example, that wouldn't be as bad.

It's just if you copied that example exactly, ads are dominating almost 50% of the page.

If the forums are important enough for me to stay, I'd use a plugin on Firefox to block your ads. If not, I'll just find a less annoying ads-infested forum.
read this http://www.google.com/support/adsense/bi...wer=187649

please anyone help me......how to place ads between categories???
Add your adsense code to very end of the forumbit_depth1_cat template.
(2011-04-14, 08:00 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Add your adsense code to very end of the forumbit_depth1_cat template.

Hey AJS....thanks for help....
can i know how to add adsense to these places??
[Image: adsense_187007_forum_categorypage_EN.jpg]

[Image: adsense_187369_forum_postpage_EN.jpg]
rofl... either you trying to loose all your member in 1 day or trying to get millionaire. Toungue

for post, go to show thread templates and than add it above quick reply or see there it is easy.
how to add adsense between posts???what is the template
To show ads in a tread:
You'll need the template conditionals plugin for this.
Inside of the postbit template (Post Bit Templates -> postbit) at the very bottom add this:

<if $postcounter == '3' OR $postcounter == '6' OR $postcounter == '9' then>
<if $mybb->user['uid'] == 0 then>
<table border="0" width="100%" align="center">
  <tr>
    <td>
<div align="center" style="padding: 10px;">
YOUR Google Adsense
</div>
    </td>
  </tr>
</table>
</if>
</if>

This will show a non registered person (a guest) an advertisement after post 3, 6, and 9. If you want to change the position of the advertisement, just edit the numbers. If you want to show the ads to members too then remove the userid check.

Hope this helps.
Pages: 1 2