MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Locked forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think when you lock a forum, groups like administrators should be allowed to post and other groups you specify. So I think that making an option when creating/editing a group you have an option such as "Can post in locked forums". That way you don't have to lock everyone out from posting in it.
I agree with this.
But isn't a big deal, since you can remove the access of every other group except Admins anyway.
+1

admins should be able to override anything
While administrators should be able to [I agree with that fully], adding a setting for groups is redundant. That's what forum permissions are for.
(2011-04-14, 11:45 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]While administrators should be able to [I agree with that fully], adding a setting for groups is redundant. That's what forum permissions are for.

It's just a little tedious to go through that every-time, especially for a forum that has a lot more groups than the standard.

Still do-able, but as suggested, would be more convenient. I don't see it being redundant, more like something I'd like to see, but something I can live without.
OK, but how many locked forums do you really have? If it's more than 1 or 2 you're probably overdoing it.
Hmm, I don't so much see it that way.

Since most of the Locked Forums I use is to house sub-forums.

I'd like to be able to post stickies there conveniently as notes, but it's not a big deal.
(2011-04-15, 03:02 AM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, I don't so much see it that way.

Since most of the Locked Forums I use is to house sub-forums.

I'd like to be able to post stickies there conveniently as notes, but it's not a big deal.

that's a pretty strange usage, why not use use categories instead?
(2011-04-15, 04:21 AM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]that's a pretty strange usage, why not use use categories instead?

Oh, because categories are acting as separators, lol.
I agree admins should be able to bypass any restrictions but if you need multiple groups to post in a locked forum the forum permissions would work better. And, I think that's what scotty was trying to get across. Why lock it if you still expect members activity there? Just change permissions so only the groups you want to post in there to be able to post.
Pages: 1 2